My Favorite Actress ....

When I was little hardly fitted into hands she made faces to watch me smile.

She sang songs for me to sleep and waved her hands so mosquitoes don’t peep.

She shed tears when I hurt myself, looking fallen down she’d inspire me to stand.

She had glittery eyes when I scored in my tests and coached me up for sports & fests.

Her tensed turgid face was full of prayers when I was struck by a bout of illness & fevers.

Her rhythmic dance was a delight to watch when all at once she cooked in the kitchen and fed me on stand.

She cheered me up when I was sad and admonished me when I did something bad.

She heartily laughed when I played my pranks she seriously worked while at her bank.

She walked the ramp of sincerity, dignity, respect, trust & all, the values were for me to stand tall.

When my life took unexpected turns like a sign post she stood to steer me from heart burns.

Out of arrogance when I did speak, with a stilled calmness she made me meek.

When I was away achieving great feats she stood all radiant in life’s sweltering heat.

Her millions of faces and acts I’ve seen over 4 decades with a proud heart I mean:-

Many actresses have come from far and near but there are none in comparison to my MOTHER.

She has daily played multiple roles of mother, wife, child, sister, inlaw .. and has always captured my heart and soul.

Should in my eye there be a camera to capture she would definitely stand to win the prestigious OSCAR.

To her these lines are my only dedication with love, respect and admiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment